Saturday, December 4, 2010

Role Model (The Slim Shady LP)

This was one of the singles from The Slim Shady LP. A sick emceeing song, but also with a subtle implication that he shouldn't be seen as a role model to children: "My middle finger won't go down, how do I wave? And this is how I'm supposed to teach kids how to behave?", "Follow me and do exactly what the song says: smoke weed, take pills, drop out of school, kill people and jump behind the wheel like it was still legal."

Opens up nicely with a diss to Canibus. Canibus asked Eminem to come to his video shoot just so he could interrogate him about writing LL Cool J's diss song to him (they were beefing). Eminem, realizing Canibus is a stupid asshole, let him have it on the first few bars of Role Model:

I'm cancerous, so when I diss, you wouldn't wanna answer this
If you responded back with a battle rap you wrote for Canibus

To add to the Canibus-bashing, Eminem also drops a bar aimed at another white rapper Cage, who accused him of biting his style. In amusing fashion, Eminem sarcastically admits he did:

'Cause when I drop this solo shit, it's over with
I bought Cage's tape, opened it and dubbed over it

Some more notable lines are the hilarious Sonny Bono (died by hitting a tree)/OJ Simpson (killed Ron Goldman) lines:

I get too blunted off of funny homegrown
'Cause when I smoke out, I hit the trees harder than Sonny Bono (oh no!)

Me and Marcus Allen went over to see Nicole
When we heard a knock at the door, must've been Ron Gold
Jumped behind the door, put the orgy on hold
Killed 'em both and smeared blood on a white Bronco

This song is Eminem in his prime...just a fun song with witty lines:

I get a clean shave, bathe, go to a rave, die from an overdose and dig myself out of my grave

No comments:

Post a Comment